Happy Friday! This week for the Friday Five, we are talking about food and drinks. I thought I’d share five things I eat and drink post run. After a hard run, I try to make sure I’m fueling back up properly. Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating! I wanted to give you all a heads up that next week, I’ll be hosting a really fun giveaway that you’ll appreciate if you are a runner so don’t miss that. Have a great weekend!
- Egg hash. Basically I fry up an egg, chicken sausage and whatever veggies I have handy. If I’m feeling fancy I add pesto. So delicious and lots of protein to help recovery.
- Chocolate milk. A tall glass of chocolate milk is so refreshing after a hard run. Also helps with recovery. I love that more and more races are serving chocolate milk at the finish line. So awesome.
- Pizza. Because it’s delicious and I like delicious food. Need I say more?
- Sandwich with a side of sweet potatoes. My go to sammie is good bread, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and spinach or kale. So dang yummy. And if I happen to have a side of sweet potatoes, even better.
- Bacon. Because it’s always the right answer. Sometimes the bacon is on the pizza, sometimes it’s on the sandwich, sometimes it’s just on the side. It’s always right and it always makes me so happy.
I love food and I appreciate how important it is to refuel after a run. I think that this intense training has really driven that home for me!
Best of luck to everyone running Rock n Roll DC this weekend! I’ll be cheering near mile 12 if you are running!
What do you eat post run?