Happy Friday! Today is a special day for many reasons. First of all, it is the two year anniversary of the DC Trifecta cohosting the Friday Five! Yes, somehow we’ve been doing this for two years! If you’ve been hanging around for awhile, you might recall that I started the Friday Five as a solo thing – I just threw up a link for people to add their posts to because I wanted to connect with more bloggers. After awhile of doing that solo, I reached out to two local bloggers, Cynthia and Mar to see if they wanted to join the fun. I’m happy to say that they did – and what a journey it’s been. You can read our very first DC Trifecta Friday Five post here. We had a whopping total of six people link up that day, including the 3 of us. Since then, our linkup has grown, and we’ve grown as well. Both individually and together. I’m so excited to call both these incredible women friends in the truest sense and I’m just so glad blogging brought us together. We have celebrated birthdays, marriages, race highs and lows and I can honestly say that there are no two other women I’d rather share this space with. With that being said, I’m going to actually stick to the theme we have for this week which is Five Things I Love. I love a LOT of different things so this was tough, but here we go! If you are newer to our linkup, you can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. And thank you SO much to those of you who’ve been hanging out with me on Fridays for well over two years – you all are SO appreciated and I feel really lucky that I’ve gotten the chance to meet many of you out and about at races, in the city and such. Oh – and if you remember, cheer on all us Marine Corps Marathon runners on Sunday! 🙂
- Running with a great friend. There are few things I enjoy more. Excited I get to run with 40,000 of my closest friends this Sunday. 🙂
- Sharing a meal. Ah, the best. Sharing a good meal with a loved one is simply one of life’s great joys in my mind.
- Writing when the words are flowing. I love writing. Sometimes writing something for work (or even for the blog) can be tough when I’m strapped for time but other times it’s like the words just flow and it’s lovely. I love those times.
- Living in DC. It’s certainly not perfect, but I love living a stone’s throw from the Capitol and I love the city life. For all my complaining about the traffic, the tourists and the bureaucracy, I love it. I’m not sure I’ll live here forever, but for now, it’s home. And I love that.
- Worshipping Jesus. There’s a reason this blog is called Eat Pray Run DC. My faith is an important part of me and I LOVE worshipping – it’s simply the.best.
What’s on your list of things you love?