Happy Friday, y’all! This week is a free Friday and I thought I’d take advantage of that and flip the script a bit. I’ve spent a fair bit of time complaining about this winter and how blah it’s been. Well, like all things, eventually winter will morph into spring and then spring will change into summer and then I’ll be complaining about the heat. Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia andMar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a wonderful weekend!!
I will miss…
- Being able to run at odd times of the day and the temperature not be sweltering. In the summer, I can pretty much only run before the sun comes up. Otherwise the heat just about kills me. I will miss being able to run at 8am or 10am or 12pm once summer hits. So I’ll enjoy it while it lasts!
- Being able to straighten my hair for more than a day. Real talk, y’all. I have thick, natural, African-American hair. In the winter, I can get a blow out and have it last for what feels like FOREVER. Even with running and Pure Barre and such. In the summer? Ha, nope. I rarely even try!
- Being able to go on a short run and then sit around and work without showering. I know, it sounds gross. But don’t act like you haven’t done it too! Sorry, not sorry, y’all. 🙂 In the summer, that is simply NOT a possibility!
- The lack of mosquitos. Oh, I will miss this so very much come spring. I hate mosquitos and they love me. It’s not a happy relationship.
- Fun hot beverages. I love a good hot toddy and it’s really only socially acceptable to drink those in the winter. I plan on taking full advantage of this while I can, trust me!
What will you miss about winter?