It’s Christmas!! I hope you are enjoying a lovely day and some rest with your family and friends. As for us Carters, we are staying local, just visiting with family (and marveling in the 70 degree temperatures we have here in DC). For a few more Christmas themed posts, check out this one (my list), this one (a Christmas survey from last year) and this one (gift ideas if you are REALLY cutting it close). Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five and I’m sharing five things I love about Christmas. You can read our linkup rules here – and please go check out that page because we’ve made some change to the Friday Five! Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a wonderful Christmas and a great weekend!
- Celebrating the birth of Jesus. This is the reason for the season and it is absolutely my FAVORITE thing about Christmas. I never tire of reading the story of His birth. The.Best.
- The music. Oh yes. My holiday pop Christmas Pandora station has been in heavy rotation for awhile now and I’ll probably keep it going until well after the new year. Because, why not?
- The lights. I love nothing more than running through DC looking at the beautiful lights. I love it so that I organized two holiday lights runs this year and may do one more.
- The focus on kindness. People just try to be better – nicer, more patient and just more friendly and I can totally get behind that!
- The family time! Yay. I’m really fortunate to have a great family that I actually like spending time with. I know that’s not the case for everyone but we are really lucky! My family is so fun and I enjoy spending time with them (not saying they don’t also sometimes drive me crazy. duh.).
Merry Christmas to you all!