Happy Friday! This is the fourth Friday of the month and it’s a free Friday in our Friday Five linkup. Today, I thought I’d share five things to know about Pure Barre Platform classes. As you probably know if you read the blog or follow me on Insta, I’m a Pure Barre fanatic. I love it so much. When Pure Barre introduced a new type of class, Platform, I wasn’t sure what I’d think or if I’d like it.
- What is Pure Barre Platform? From the Pure Barre folks: Pure Barre Platform is a new fast-paced class designed to optimize cardiovascular results and increase total body strength. This heart-pumping class combines quick bursts of high intensity, yet low impact cardio work with periods of lower intensity muscle-sculpting movements. These 55 minutes of high energy, fun and intense interval training at the barre will help you burn calories, jump-start your metabolism, and increase your overall endurance. What does that mean? It means that after your first Pure Barre Platform class you are going to be like “what the what just happened?!” Have no fear – it takes a few classes to get it down and then you’ll start loving it.
- Pure Barre Platform is a cardio workout. One of my favorite things about regular Pure Barre classes is that I can take them after a run and it’s fine. Not the case with Pure Barre Platform. A Platform class will leave you dripping sweat and exhausted. It is an amazing workout. Don’t try to run and then do it – be kind to your legs!
- The movements are different. In a typical Pure Barre class, the focus is on small movements. Platform is almost the opposite – it’s like Texas, everything is bigger. Just think BIG!
- It takes a few classes to get used to. I mentioned this above, but it’s worth reiterating in its on bullet point. Platform classes are different – but stick with it and it’ll make much more sense. I was so confused and felt like I was just flailing around and not working anything properly and not doing it right and honestly, I thought I might hate it at points during my first Platform class. But I went back and it got better. I started to understand what I was actually supposed to be doing and getting the movements. Stick with it.
- You will FLY! Okay, so my absolute favorite part of class is when we fly off the platform. It’s a bit hard to describe but it’s what I’m doing in the picture below and it.is.awesome.