Cause you know I’m all about that Oiselle, that Oiselle, that Oiselle, no Lulu… 🙂 No it doesn’t roll off the tongue as easy as “bass” but I am all about that Oiselle and for this week’s Friday Five, I’m sharing five ways I organize all my Oiselle gear. Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link.
- Take stock. Your first order of business is to assess what you’ve got. What kind of collection are we looking at here? You need to know what you’re dealing with before you can get organized. So get everything together and fold it all. I know. But hey, you wanted to get organized, right?
- Figure out where it will go. Do you have enough space in your closet? Do you need a bin or do you need to clear a shelf? In our old house, I had no room and used a small shelf from IKEA to hold my Oiselle gear. It wasn’t ideal but it did the trick. Now (praise the Lord!) we have more space and I can actually fit all my Oiselle on a couple shelves. With room for more! (Luckily my husband doesn’t regularly read this :)).
- Organized piles are your friend. Sort your gear into organized, logical piles. I have piles for shorts, piles for long sleeved shirts, short sleeve and tanks are two piles and then outer gear (sweatshirts, etc.) is another pile. Accessories like hats and arm warmers get their own special section.
- Maintain organization by testing the system out to see if it works for you. Do you have enough room? Does your system make sense (to you)? Basically, just make sure that it works!
- Buy more. Of course you need a reward after all your hard work, right? So…you buy more. At least that’s how I always end my organizing sessions!
How do you organize all your run / fitness gear?