Happy Friday, y’all! I’m so excited about this week’s Friday Five. We are asking for you to share your fitness inspirations. I have so many fitness inspirations, so it was hard to limit it to just five. I thought I’d do a bit of a different twist and share what inspires me rather than who. Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a great weekend!
- A beautiful sunrise. There is something about being outside running while the sun rises that just inspires me to get out there and keep at it. The beauty is just stunning and breathtaking at times. I feel so blessed to be able to experience nature that I’m inspired to keep doing it.
- Quiet time with Jesus. When I’m running solo, I’m having some quiet time and it’s so incredible that I want to do it more. I’m actually torn because I LOVE running with friends, and so I’m always sad when I can’t, but sometimes (if I’m not doing speed work or anything crazy hard), I can just have the most honest time with Jesus and it’s awesome!
- Feeling strong. Honestly, there are few things I enjoy more than crossing a finish line. Feeling strong and accomplished is addictive and it’s that feeling that keeps me racing time and time again. And the races keep me training – time and time again.
- The knowledge that others are watching. I have a teenage niece. And young girls I mentor. And all those young people are paying attention. They are listening, but more so, they are watching. And maybe if they see someone who is never going to win a race, but works hard and runs for the love of running, they will be inspired. Maybe it will encourage them in some small way.
- The cute gear. It’s no secret that I love Oiselle clothes. A lot. But I also motivate myself and am inspired by things like this Garmin I’m coveting, running shoes that both get the job done and look good and more. It sounds superficial, but I know I’m not the only one!
What (or who) inspires you?