Happy Friday, y’all! Per usual, I’m linking up with Mar and Cynthia and this week we are sharing five race memories! I’m so excited about this topic because I looooveeee talking races! Enjoy and make sure to link up your Friday Five post. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Can’t wait to read your 5 race memories this week!
So here are five of my favorite race memories:
- This one is easy. Finishing my first marathon — Richmond in November of 2013 was one of the proudest moments of my life. I loved this whole experience…so much so that I’ve convinced my husband to run Richmond as his first marathon.
- New Year’s Day 5k. This race was the first time I officially ran a 5k in less than 30 minutes and I was thrilled. It was also a wonderful way to usher in 2014 and my first time running a race on New Year’s Day.
- My first (and only, I think) trail marathon. I was NOT expecting to run a trail marathon…um, probably ever, but that was the situation I found myself in and although everything inside me wanted to just sit on the mountain I was running up and cry, I finished. Barely. But I did. 🙂
- The Clarendon Day Double. This was my first experience running two back to back races and it was TOUGH! I ran a 5k and then a 10k in short succession and honestly, I much rather would’ve just run 9 miles straight. The race is coming up again this year and while part of my wants to run the double again to see if I can better my time, the other part of me wants to be not crazy and just run one race. We’ll see which part wins out. 🙂
- The Race to End Women’s Cancer. This race held a special meaning for me — I ran it to honor my dear friend who is in the process of kicking cancer’s butt. I’m happy to report she’s almost a year cancer free now and I’m so grateful. I’ve run a number of races for a cause, but this one really really hit home.
What are your favorite race memories??