Happy Friday, y’all! Per usual, I’m linking up with Mar and Cynthia and this week we are going crazy with an August Free Friday! That’s right – post what ya like 🙂 I decided to focus on the 20k I’m running this weekend. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a great weekend!
Five things about the Leesburg 20k:
- First 20k race. Yep, new distance = instant PR! Woot woot! I’m kind of excited because it’s basically a half marathon but not quite a half marathon (a 20k = 12.4 miles, FYI). I’m using this race as a reality check before my goal half marathon next month.
- First time racing in Leesburg, VA. Leesburg is just under an hour from my house — and because it’s a bit far, Julie and I are actually sharing a cheap hotel room so we can sleep in later race morning. I mean, come on, a girl’s gotta get her rest, right? 🙂
- A goal for the race: If everything aligns on race morning (and given the predictions of heat and humidity, this probably won’t be the case), I’d like to run this race in 1:54.
- B goal for the race: 1:58. If this is my time, it means that my sub 2 goal is really in sight and I just have to kick it into gear on race day.
- C goal for the race: Finish smiling. This always belongs on the list. Honestly, I haven’t really done the math to calculate these goals and how realistic they are, but I know they are ambitious and I still have a month until the half. So, I think the most realistic scenario is hitting somewhere between my B and C goal. I’m going to try and run 9:30 pace for the first six miles and then drop pace the second half of the race. We’ll see how this goes!
Have you ever run a 20k? Any advice for me?