Happy Friday and hello, Labor Day Weekend! This week, we are sharing a little fall preview for our Friday Five theme. As much as I love summer, I’m really really excited for fall and can’t wait to read what each of you has on tap this fall!
You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a great weekend!
This fall, I’ve got some fun races lined up and some other fun things. Here’s what’s on my radar:
- Navy Air Force Half Marathon. This is my goal race for this fall. My goal is to run a sub 2 half marathon. I’m not 100% sure that the goal will be obtained at this race, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be close. Lucky for me, if I don’t hit sub 2 at Navy Air Force, I’ll have another chance later in the fall!
- Clarendon Day. My next race after Navy Air Force is the Clarendon Day Double — both a 5k and then a 10k, ran back to back. You might remember that I ran this race last year and loved / hated it (I loved it but hated how much it hurt). I’m looking to PR both races individually and the double as a whole (and I learned the valuable lesson of not hanging around too long after the 5k, as you still have to make it up the hill to the start of the 10k – last year we were literally running up as the race was starting!).
- Richmond Half Marathon. Remember how much I loved the Richmond Marathon? Well, I convinced K and my coworker to run it as their first full marathon this November! I’m signed up for the half and plan to meet them on the back end of the course. It was SO SO SO tempting to sign up for the full but I want to be able to support K. So the half it is. I’m looking forward to this – I love this race!
- Honeymoon. Yep, we are in the planning stages for our honeymoon and I’m excited. More info to come but we’ll probably be heading out for a week in late October. Along similar lines — if anyone is interested in guest posting then, shoot me an email. 🙂
- New job. I’ve alluded to this a bit but I’m making a move to consulting. I will be still working in the legal field (I’m a lawyer by trade), but will be working on issues surrounding talent and lawyer happiness — so hiring, retention, professional development, diversity and the like. I’m super excited and a bit nervous about this new season. Courtney Carter Consulting is here! 🙂
What’s on tap for your fall?