Woohoo! It is the Friday before Christmas – AND the second to last Friday of 2013. In honor of that, I’m going to do a bit of a retrospective and highlight my five favorite posts of 2013. This has been a great year and while I highlighted my year in running yesterday, it got me thinking about other things that I’ve written about this year that were particularly meaningful for me. Of course, I’m still linking up with Mar and Cynthia (don’t forget to grab our DC Trifecta badge!), so link up and then go check out their posts!
- From Project 30 in 2012 to Eat Pray Run DC. When I decided to change the title and focus of my blog, it was a reboot for me. It was the opportunity to go for it, in terms of really striving to grow my blog and I’m so grateful I did. I’ve made online friends that have turned into real life friends, I’ve been blessed to join a fantastic team of women runners, and I’ve had so much more fun then I could’ve ever hoped.
- The decision to run 26.2. I mulled over my choice to run a marathon for a long time. Making the decision to just go for it, and not let fear control me was such a confidence booster. I love reading this post again when I’m feeling fearful about a decision or an opportunity!
- Celebrating getting engaged. Confession: my fiance and I have already had one big wedding planning related argument. Granted, the whole thing was over in about 15 minutes, but it still stunk. You know what was awesome, though? Revisiting this post and remembering the sheer joy I felt in that moment. Love is a beautiful thing.
- The best dip I’ve ever made. I have made a heck of a lot of food this year. But this dip. Wow. It is freaking amazing and a recipe I keep coming back to you. If you haven’t made it yet, your welcome. I just made your dish the fav at your NYE potluck 🙂
- One of my best attempts at offering blogging advice. As I’ve focused more on blogging, I’ve learned a LOT of lessons along the way. This post on why I am not commenting on your blog involved me sharing hard earned knowledge and I’m really proud that I’ve been able to share a couple of blogging tidbits here and there with you all. While I’m far from an expert, I’ve made enough mistakes to have learned from them! 🙂
Link up with your Five Favorite posts of 2013!