Happy Friday! This post was super hard for me to write because I just got back from the Dominican Republic and am not really accepting it’s winter, haha. But here I am. In cold cold weather and ready to be warm again. But that’s okay, because winter brings with it some fun things that just can’t happen in the summer. So this week, we’re sharing our five favorite winter activities. Can’t wait to get some inspiration from this list! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a great weekend!
- Ice Skating! I can’t help it – my first real job was in an ice skating rink and I’ve loved it ever since. There’s a few rinks in DC and it’s a fun (athletic!) date night activity. I’m no pro, but I can hold my own out there. 🙂
- Christmas tree trimming. Since we were out of town, we’re just getting around to picking up our tree this upcoming weekend and I.can.not.wait. I LOVE tree trimming. Listening to Christmas music and decorating the tree are my favorites.
- Spiced cider drinking. This activity will be happening hand in hand with activity number 2. Hello spiced cider! 🙂
- Running past the holiday lights in DC. I actually did this last night and will be doing it again next week with my running group. Super fun and nothing gets me into the holiday spirit more. 🙂
- Skiing – okay this one is aspirational. I will take skiing lessons this winter, dang it! This has been on my list of things to do forever now so I’m making it a priority this winter. Hold me to it, y’all!
What do you like to do in the winter, when the temps drop? (other than head to where it’s warm!)