Happy Friday! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Mar and Cynthia and this week we are sharing five fitness goals! I can’t wait to hear about what everyone is gearing up for. Personally, I have some goals that are more long term and some that are short term. Make sure to check out some of the posts in this link up and if you are linking up, please link back to either myself, Mar or Cynthia. Happy blog reading!
- Run a sub two half marathon. This is my next big goal. My goal race is the Navy – Air Force half marathon this September in DC. I’m not going to start officially training for this until after the wedding, but I’m already researching plans and kinda getting excited about committing to tempo runs and the like. After spending months running long and slow, I’m excited about learning to run faster.
- Cross train two times a week. I think this is going to be KEY as I train to run faster. I’m loving Pure Barre lately, and have been going 2x a week, but I’d also like to incorporate some swimming into my schedule.
- Run a sub 60 10k. I am very, very close to this goal (within a few minutes) and I think I could go run a sub 60 10k right now if it was the right course. While I was in Seattle, I ran my organization’s unofficial (but timed) 5k in 26:43, which is pretty fast for this gal. I know I couldn’t hold that pace for 3 more miles, but I do know I could hold a bit slower for longer.
- Run a 4:30 marathon. Yep. I’m already thinking about my next marathon. I do not think this will happen in 2014 — although there is a slight chance I may decide to run Richmond again, but it will happen soon-ish. Once I can run a sub 2 half, then I should be able to tackle a 4:30 marathon. Of course, I know better than most, than almost anything can happen during 26.2 miles – but I still think this is a feasible goal.
- A tri for 2015! Let me clarify: a sprint tri in 2015! 🙂 I couldn’t fit one in this year, so this is on my long term radar!