Happy Friday y’all! After being deluged with unending rain, the skies have cleared and we’re seeing the sun again. Yay! As is my recent theme, this post is coming to you from outside of DC. Today I’m in NYC for work (yes, again) and managed to finally get in a Central Park run. Anyway, per usual Cynthia, Mar and I are linking up and today’s theme is “Five Things I Love about _______!”
- Barre classes HURT every single time. You know how sometimes after you go to a class for awhile, it starts getting easy? Yeah, somehow that doesn’t happen with barre class. It’s always super tough and I LOVE that.
- I’m reminded of the benefits of cross training. I can get into a running rut, particularly when training (and I know I’m not the only one). Barre works my core, my back, my EVERYTHING. Which makes me a stronger runner — honestly, I’ve been having great runs lately (tough but great – if that makes sense) and I’m largely attributing that to barre!
- I push much harder in group classes than doing planks, etc. on my own. I’ve done plank challenges before and inevitably, I kinda fall off. There’s none of that in class.
- The instructors are all super friendly and address you via name. I love it when people use my name (yes, a little narcissistic I know) and it just gives me that much more motivation. It’s like in a race when the spectators read your name off your bib and cheer for you by name – it’s awesome.
- This article. Read it and crack up. And I’ve taken my fiance to barre classes before – he would probably write the same exact thing. 🙂
PS – both Mar and Cynthia are running races this weekend so go wish them HAPPY RUNS!!!
Standard link up rules apply:
- The whole point of the linkup is to share Friday Five posts. Posts that aren’t a Friday Five (i.e., just a link to your blog) will be deleted.
- Please visit each of the hosts blog posts when you linkup. It’s just good manners.
- You are not required to visit each blog post that links up, but visit as many as you can — we want to help each other grow!
- If you are a regular participant, please link to at least one (preferably all) of the hosts’ posts. Linking up each week and never even mentioning that you are participating in a Friday Five linkup is poor blogger etiquette and may result in your link being removed.