Happy Friday! I’m off up north visiting some family but couldn’t miss the Friday Five. Especially with such a fun theme. Five Things I love about ____ meant a chance for me to share a few things I love about running. Coming off a huge PR last weekend, this wasn’t a hard post for me to write! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a great weekend!
- It gives me an excuse to travel. I’ve had a chance to race in a number of states – Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Alabama, Washington, Florida and Georgia. I’ve had a chance to run all across the country — from Portland, Maine to San Francisco to Seattle to New York and many places in between. I love seeing the country on my two feet.
- It has given me amazing opportunities. From writing to Women’s Running magazine to meeting AMAZING friends that are gonna be friends for life.
- I eat all the bacon I want and never feel guilty. I mean, really need I say more?
- There’s always a new challenge. The great thing about running is that you can always set a new goal. Not that sometimes you can’t just run to run (I love those runs). But I also love setting a goal and working hard to achieve it. It gives me such a sense of satisfaction.
- It gives me time with Jesus. Honestly, I spend a lot of my long runs (and sometimes short runs) praying – especially if I’m by myself. There is something about being out there on a trail or on the road, in nature that inspires me and helps me connect with my faith. Nothing like it!
Can’t wait to read what y’all are loving or reasons why you love something! Happy weekend!