Happy Friday, y’all! Per usual, I’m linking up with Mar and Cynthia and this week we are revisiting an old linkup topic: 5 things to love about ___. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a great weekend!
As we reach the end (how’d this happen? where did summer go??) of summer, I thought I’d wax poetic about five things to love about summer. Next week, when our theme is fall preview, I’ll be missing some of these things!
- You can run basically anytime of the day. Early or late, the sun is still up. Of course, I won’t mention the accompanying heat and humidity, but you kinda get used to it after awhile.
- Outdoor workouts! This summer I’ve taken a number of outdoor barre classes and it has been so fun to switch out environments for my workouts!
- The beach. Duh. I love the beach. Sadly, I haven’t actually made it to the beach this summer (I’ve been kinda busy…) but am planning to go in September. Yay!
- Fresh.Produce. Yes, yes, and yes! Just this week I shared my amazing peach blueberry cobbler recipe made with fresh peaches and blueberries and all summer long I’ve enjoyed the best farm fresh produce. My love of fresh produce makes me wish that I was a canning expert. Sadly I’m not.
- Amusement parks. I have a long standing (this will be the fourth or fifth year) tradition of going to Kings Dominion on Labor Day. The park is practically empty and it’s the perfect end to summer. We’re going again this year and I can.not.wait. I love roller coasters and depending on the weather we might hit up the water park this year.
What do you love about summer?