Well, friends its Friday and I for one am pleased to see this week come to a close. It’s been a bit of a doozy and I’m finally starting to feel back to normal, which is pretty exciting. Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Mar and Cynthia and this week we are focusing on friends and family. Michele at A Pace of Balance suggested the topic and we thought it was great, so can’t wait to read all your posts. On a quick note: I’ve been really behind in responding to comments and on social media this week due to my lingering illness. Like I mentioned, I think I have just about kicked this thing so thank you for your patience in how long it’s taken me to get back to some of you. Y’all rock — happy first Friday of spring! 🙂
Here’s how I incorporate my friends and family into my fitness:
- I work out / run with them. Hello, running with other people is the best! I used to not be so sold on it, but my BRF Mar and Julie (and many others) have totally sold me on the idea of how fun it can be to use running as catch up sessions. It’s the best!
- I cook for my fiance. Introducing him to healthy foods is so fun and he really is so appreciative. The other day I made him homemade turkey burgers and taught him how quick and easy it is. He raved about those burgers and I literally made them while I was running a bath for myself. Quick and easy.
- I try and encourage my friends / family who have their own healthy living journeys. I have tons of friends and family members who are getting into healthy eating, running, dancing, etc. I try and be as encouraging as I can because I know how much it pumps me up to have support.
- Sharing recipes. I share healthy recipes with friends (and sometimes family) off the blog fairly regularly. And not just recipes – tips, things that are working for us, questions. Sharing info is critical because…the struggle is real! 🙂
- I’m very public with my successes…and my failures. (Ahem). Keeping it real matters. I’m not perfect but I know that I’m inspired by honesty and I think others are as well!
What about you? Make sure to link up your Friday Five post and be sure and link back to the linkup!