Happy Friday, y’all! This week our theme is “goals” I decided to update my “This Summer I Will” post since we’re about halfway through the summer! Per usual, I’m linking up with Mar and Cynthia and we are all pretty pumped about this week’s topic! Enjoy and make sure to link up your Friday Five post. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link.
- Um, it probably surprises no one that number one on my summer list of “to-dos” is get married. I am tying the knot in 8 days! I have some guest posts lined up for while I’m off doing wedding things so get excited to hear from some awesome ladies while I’m gone! Success! We got married and it was awesome! I know I haven’t even shared stuff from the ceremony yet, but get ready because it’s coming. Lots of Wedding Wednesdays! 🙂
- I’m super excited to start training for my fall goal race using the Run Less, Run Faster method. Training starts right after the wedding and I’m pumped about focusing on three runs a week, plus cross training! I know a number of folks who’ve used this method with amazing results. Woohoo! Training is going really, really well. This plan is NOT EASY. But nothing that’s worth it is easy, right? Already my paces are much faster and I totally see the value in tempo runs. Never thought I’d say that!
- I will spend a ton of time outside this summer. Between outdoor movies, outdoor concerts, festivals and the like, there is barely any reason to go inside. If I had a hammock in my yard, I probably never would! 🙂 I have spent a bunch of time outside, but also a bunch of time inside, trying to escape the oppressive humidity. Ugh. DC summers can be rough.
- I’ll be doing a bit of travel this summer as well. After my wedding, I will be spending a weekend in New Orleans and then a weekend in Atlanta — both weekends celebrating my dear friend Megan’s upcoming nuptials! Yay travel and yay love! I will also be in New Jersey for my grandfather’s birthday. Fun stuff! Check! New Orleans was last weekend and I know I haven’t written about it yet, but I had the BEST time! We also had a blast in New Jersey. Atlanta is still in our future but I know that’s going to be an amazing trip.
- I will buy most of my produce at farmers’ markets. I love supporting local farmers and the produce just tastes SO much better — the only real time I plan on buying produce at the grocery store is if I get caught in a pinch. Otherwise, it’s farmers’ markets all the way! Not only have I gone to the farmers market every weekend I’ve been in town, this weekend we are going berry picking! I’m so excited and can’t wait to share pictures and recipes from this trip. We’re heading to a farm about an hour outside of DC and I can’t wait!
All in all, I must say that I’m doing quite well on my “This Summer I Will” list. I can’t wait to read about your goals!
If you set out to do things this summer, how’s that going?