I love love love Christmas. It is by far my favorite holiday and the true reason for that is that I love what Christmas means – celebrating the birth of Jesus. But I also love that this season seems to inspire everyone – even those who don’t necessarily believe – to be kinder, more thoughtful and more festive. I’m so excited to read everyone’s holiday traditions! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a great weekend!
- Christmas music playing while decorating the tree. This has been my thing forever and I’m so happy it’s now my thing with my husband. It’s just a fun, happy time of year and for me that starts with decorating the tree!
- Wrapping all presents the night before Christmas. I started doing this when I was in college and would usually not have my shopping done before then. But every year, I’d hole up in my bedroom and then bring all the presents down after I wrapped them. I will not spend Christmas Eve at my parents this year, so this will change a bit.
- LOTS of hot apple cider! I buy it on every trip to the store from November through February. Sometimes it’s just cider. Sometimes it’s a bit more. 🙂
- Ham. I mean, come on?! It ain’t Christmas if we are not eating ham in my book. I know, I know, but it’s what I’m used to!
- Watching A Christmas Story with my mother. Because it’s on TBS for 24 hours straight and it’s still as funny as it was the very first time I saw it. I still am almost in tears when he gets his tongue stuck to the poll. Hilarious!
What’s your favorite tradition??