Happy long weekend Friday! For me, this weekend is jam packed, so it won’t actually feel that long. But hey, that’s okay! This Friday, I’m linking up per usual with my tribe (the DC Trifecta) of Mar from Mar on the Run and Cynthia from You Signed Up for What?!. This weekend I’m returning to one of my favorite places to run in DC and it made me think of all my fav places to run. Since so many of you are local or find yourselves visiting DC from time to time, I thought I’d share my five places to run in the DC area!
Five favorite places to run in the DC area:
- Crescent Trail. I love this trail. It connects with numerous other trails in DC and travels from Georgetown all the way up to Silver Spring. It’s a popular place to run, but that doesn’t deter me.
- Mt. Vernon Trail. There is nothing cooler than seeing airplanes take off overhead as you run. And that is the view if you hit up Mt. Vernon Trail.
- Beach Drive in Rock Creek Park. On weekends, Beach Drive is closed to road traffic – so you find tons of runners, bikers and hikers out and about. The great thing is the road is so wide, the high volume of folks isn’t an issue. I’ve learned to love running here over the past couple months training.
- National Mall. Need I say more?
- Lincoln Park loop. Lincoln Park is about 1/2 mile from my house and around the park is just about 1/2 mile. So if I run there and back and do a few loops of the park, I can very easily get in a 5k or more without having to think about it too much. Plus, there are always a ton of other runners, cute kids and pups out and about.
Where do you like to run? Any place in DC you love that I missed?