Happy Friday! Today is the first Friday of 2014 and also my father’s birthday (happy birthday Dad!)! As usual, I’m linking up with Mar and Cynthia for our weekly Friday Five. Want to link up with us regularly? Grab our badge (you can find it on my right sidebar) and add it to your blog! Then make sure you follow Mar, Cynthia and I so you can always find out if we are doing a theme or a mixed bag for the week. Once our post is up, add your link and you are all set!
On to this week’s Friday Five!
- My top blog post of 2013 (outside of giveaway posts): I’m always amused to see which posts are hits and which are not. For 2013, the post that is still getting pinned, tweeted, and read most often is…Run + barre + an easy dinner. You all really liked reading about my run and barre combo, but I suspect you mostly liked making the super ridiculously easy recipe in that post.
- New (old) discovery. I have just been introduced to the wonderful world of Etsy. I actually ordered our save the dates from Etsy as part of a DIY project (I’ll post more info on that once they are out the door). I am amazed at all the awesome items I’ve found. Love, love, love
- Upcoming travel: I leave for Miami in a couple days. Normally, I’d be so stoked to leave DC’s frigid temps behind…but sadly, the forecast is full of rain every day I’m there. Boo. I’m hoping the weather forecast is wrong and I can get in some outdoor runs during my quick trip down south!
- I think I have a kale problem. I have taken to regularly sauteing up a HUGE amount of kale, using it for sandwiches and then just eating the rest of it right out the pan. I.can’t.stop. Anyone else?
- Snow? I love snow. There is nothing better than an adult snow day, in my mind. As I write this, the DC area is in a panic about a snowstorm that will drop 2 inches at most on us. Meh. All I want for new year’s is a proper snow storm. What’s the forecast where you are??