Happy Friday! As y’all know it’s marathon week here at Eat Pray Run DC and today is no different! This week’s Friday Five theme is “off to the races” and for this gal, there’s only one race on my mind right now: Shamrock Marathon!
Five Four Reasons I Chose Shamrock Marathon for Marathon #2 (and one reminder):
- It’s in Virginia Beach. Need I say more?? I mean, come on. I love VA Beach – it’s only a few hours from DC (traffic dependent, of course) and it’s FUN! No brainer. 🙂
- Oiselle Team meet up! About 25 of my Oiselle teammates will be running in VA Beach this weekend and I figured this was a great chance to get to meet many gals I only know through the interwebs. If you see smiling ladies in Oiselle gear in VA Beach this weekend, say hi!
- In addition to my Oiselle gals, I know a number of other runners who will be in VA Beach. A number of runners from my PR Training Group (including my buddy Anne) and a few other blogging buddies as well.
- I did not want to run the Rock and Roll Full Marathon in DC. While I do want to run a marathon in my hometown, Rock and Roll was not that race for me. The race is VERY focused on the half marathon and I’ve heard some not so great reviews of the full marathon. I decided that I wanted a race that would be as awesome as my first full and for me, Rock and Roll wasn’t that.
- Finally, if you so desire please don’t forget to track me (Courtney Dredden) on race day and send good wishes!
What helps you decide to choose a particular race?
Don’t forget to check out all the posts in our Friday Five linkup and add your post as well!