Happy Friday, peeps! Can you believe that we are springing forward this weekend?? I am looking forward to the warmer weather that has to be coming, right? This week, Mar, Cynthia and I (otherwise known as your DC Trifecta) decided to celebrate spring’s soon to be arrival with a Spring Forward Friday Five. Maybe this will help usher spring along 🙂 Note: our beloved Mar is celebrating a birthday this weekend, so make sure to send her lots of love!
Here are five things I’m looking forward to this spring:
- Running without gloves! This has been a brutal winter and training for my second marathon has been TOUGH. I’ve run in rain, sleet, snow and ice and I’m over it (just like everyone else). Bring on the sun!
- In that vein, I’ve got some fun spring races on the horizon. Besides the Shamrock Marathon March 16th (eek!), I’m running the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler, Zooma 1/2 Marathon in Annapolis (note: if you want to run with me in Annapolis use code ANNAMB2 for a discount on either the Half or the 10K) and probably some shorter races after that. I think that my next goal will be a sub-2 half, rather than training for another marathon right now. Either way, I wouldn’t begin marathon training until mid-summer so I’ve got months ahead of me of shorter runs – woohoo!
- Longer days = I’m much more social. When it’s dark an hour or two before I even leave my office, I have a really hard time being spontaneous about plans. I want to go inside my house and hibernate. However, once it starts staying light outside longer, I’m all about the impromptu plans — yay spring!
- Going back to school. Yep, I’m going back to college. This year marks 10 years since I graduated from Agnes Scott College and I’m thrilled to head back down to Atlanta with some of my best friends. I absolutely can’t believe it’s been 10 years – I feel like I’m still 21 (just a heck of a lot smarter and less risk adverse LOL).
- Lots of travel. As I often mention, I travel quite a bit for work and this spring is no exception. I’ll be spending a good bit of time in New York and Miami (both favorites), but I’m really excited about an April weeklong trip to Seattle, mostly because I’ve never been (note: I’ll be putting out a call for guest posts next week, so hopefully some of you fabulous bloggers will be interested!). Closer to the trip, I’ll be taking suggestions, although I’m working almost around the clock so won’t have much time for independent site seeing.
What are you looking forward to this spring? Did you wish Mar happy birthday???