Happy Friday! Somehow, another week has flown by and we are approaching Thanksgiving! In honor of this great holiday, Mar, Cynthia and I are focusing our Friday Five on things that we are thankful for. Chime in and don’t forget to link up with us! Have a great weekend!
Five Things I’m Thankful For:
- The community of runners I’ve formed through social media. I had so much incredible support throughout marathon training and even during the race (serious thanks for that, y’all!) that I feel so blessed. You all have inspired and encouraged me to no end. THANK YOU to anyone who has ever left a comment, liked a post, followed the blog or tweeted at me. I appreciate it ALL!
- My kind coworkers who never let on how tired they must’ve been of hearing me talk about the marathon. They’ve remained interested and gracious while listening to me ramble about running all the time. They are pretty dang awesome!
- The quiet car on Amtrak. Seriously. Especially in light of news that soon people may be able to talk on the phone on airplanes. I think if that happens, I’ll never fly again! Can you imagine?? The quiet car is amazing because it provides w/the peace and quiet you can rarely get in this busy world and oftentimes give me an opportunity to be passive aggressive when others don’t respect the quiet car rules 🙂 And by passive aggressive, I mean I won’t hesitate to remind grandma where she is sitting. Politely, of course!
- Icy Hot. Oh yes, Icy Hot. I hate that I need you but I love how you make me feel.
- My parents and fiance who have supported me so much through this marathon journey — even while thinking I’m crazy. From when my dad came to watch me race to when my fiance ran his first half marathon then trekked all around my marathon course to support me, I am so grateful. My honey in particular has had to deal with a lot of “no, I don’t want to do anything, I just ran 14 miles are you crazy?!” and he’s handled it with grace. 🙂
As we approach Thanksgiving, what are you grateful for?