Happy Friday! Isn’t it funny how sometimes short weeks feel the longest? This week has felt LONG! I’m writing this from New York City and have a pretty awesome view from my hotel. As usual, I’m linking up with my girls Mar and Cynthia (and jealous Cynthia is in sunny Florida for the Glass Slipper Challenge!). Link up with us and share your Friday Five! This week we didn’t have a theme scheduled and so I thought I’d have some fun and share a few things that don’t really have a tangible connection. Enjoy 🙂
- I subscribed to the online version of Barre3 this week and so far have enjoyed a couple of nice at-home (or at hotel since I’m currently in NYC) workouts. What’s nice is that the website has workouts of all lengths so I can do a longer workout on cross training days and a short 10 minute video after a run. Love it!
- I’m running 21 miles on Saturday. Yeah, I know. In a total blessing from God, this is one of the first weekends in forever that there is practically no chance my water will freeze because it’s going to be really nice weather this weekend! Woohoo!
- I had a really great speed work session on the treadmill while here in NYC and it really helped me deal with some of my pre-race nerves. It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to make it to the track for my Thursday speed work sessions and while I’ve tried to duplicate the workouts on the treadmill, it’s been really challenging. Having a good speed workout really was a confident booster. I think I could run on the treadmill more if I could watch Tim Riggins every time I’m on there (the wifi at my office gym is not reliable enough to watch shows on my kindle).
- Speaking of the Riggins boys, check out the Friday Night Lights / Parenthood crossover video that debuted this week. In it, Landry and Crucifictorious record a song at The Luncheonette. It’s amazing — check it out on nbc.com!
- When I got back to my hotel room after working out, I saw this:
Kimpton hotels for the win!
What’s on your mind this Friday? Don’t forget to follow your hosts and linkup!