Happy New Year! I love celebrations and New Year’s is no different! I don’t really do New Year’s Resolutions but I do believe in goal setting. Here are some of my 2014 goals:
- Put God first. My relationship with Jesus Christ is the most important thing in my world, but sometimes that can get lost in the business of life. That’s simply not okay. I’m going to work on starting my days with the word to make sure I’m centered on Him throughout the day.
- Focus on relationships. I plan on being intentional about spending time with loved ones and friends. As most of us have realized, unless you are intentional about this – it won’t happen!
- Run my heart out. I had a great year of running in 2013. I ran my first marathon and ran 13 races in total. Now, I’m training for my second marathon and I’m looking to push myself beyond what I think my limits are. I already stepped it up by signing up to train with a group and I’m excited to see the results of that training. I may not run as many races in 2014 due to lots of travel, weddings (including my own!) and the like. But what I may not have in quantity, I plan to make up for in quality!
- Cook more. I am always searching for fun, simply recipes and so cooking more is always a goal of mine. I enjoy cooking and would like to get back to making a big meal on Sundays again.
- Disconnect more. Obviously, I love the interwebs. I love social media, I love blogging and I love connecting with people on Twitter, FB, etc. But you know what I love more than that? Actually connecting with my loved ones in person. I am vowing to be present in the moment more – to put down my phone when I’m spending time with someone and actually spend that time connecting with them instead of connecting with someone else behind a screen. We are only blessed with so much time to spend in the presence of others and I am committing to honoring this time by living in the moment.
What are your goals for 2014?