I have to be honest – I completely forgot that the Cherry Blossom Ten Miler was two weeks after the Shamrock Half Marathon. Like, completely forgot I have house guests coming for the race, I need to organize a pre-race pic for my Oiselle gals, I would be missing church on Sunday, etc. I’ve been so crazy focused on Shamrock that the fact that April is basically here slipped my mind! Oops! But once I remembered, I decided to go ahead and set some goals for this weekend’s race and since this week’s Friday Five is fitness themed, I thought I’d share them today! Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- A Goal: This is the perfect day. The stars have aligned and I run the race of my life. 1:30. This is exactly a nine minute mile pace and is just a hare slower than I ran the half marathon. Honestly, I’m not sure I want to try and run that fast on Sunday but that would be my pie in the sky goal.
- B Goal: This is an average day. Nothing is perfect but nothing is awful. PR. My current PR is 1:35:58 and that was set at the Army Ten Miler last fall. I’m in better shape for sure, so I should be able to pull out a PR, hopefully.
- C Goal: This is a bad day. Things have gone wrong and it just is not my day. Um, 1:40? I have no clue what this should be, honestly. If it’s a terrible day, then I’d just like to finish happy.
- Extra goal: I have a number of friends running & so I hope to see as many of them as possible at the race!
- Second extra goal: get to the race early enough to not be rushing. I have a bad habit of cutting it close for local races because they are in my “backyard.” This should be okay though because I’m meeting folks for a picture at 6:45 so as long as I make the picture I’ll be good.
Who else is running Cherry Blossom? You can read my race recap from last year’s race here.