I am back! Back at work, back to my blog (although, I’ve been popping over a bit and I’ve certainly been on social media) and back to the real world (although now the real world looks a bit different). I will have a good number of wedding posts in the next few weeks, but I wanted to just take a quick second and share just how grateful I am.
This pas weekend was honestly (easily) the best weekend of my life. And for that, I have a number of people to thank:
- My parents. I am incredibly thankful for my parents. They have been great examples of love and have been my rocks during the planning period. I may or may not have called my dad in tears a few days before the wedding after an unexpected home repair pushed me past my breaking point. He kept me calm and honestly one of my favorite things about this past weekend was seeing my parents have fun.
- Kwame’s parents. It has been so fun getting to know Kwame’s family and they were SO very supportive all weekend long. I’m so excited to join the family and had the BEST time dancing alongside my new family.
- My sister. Much more on this in a future post, but my sister was the best maid of honor there is. She kept me laughing (and crying!) all weekend long and I absolutely couldn’t have done this without her.
- My bridesmaids. After the weekend, my sis said to me, “your friends are so awesome.” I think that about sums it up. My friends are the best and I’m SO fortunate to have them in my life!
- Kwame’s guys. They literally kept me on my feet (oh yeah: I may or may not have stepped on my dress and tripped while doing the roger rabbit during our soul train line. Ahem.), kept Kwame calm, kept me laughing and were just amazing.
- Our amazing vendors — I will be sharing a lot of details about our vendors but I have to say that they made the weekend WORRY FREE. And I am eternally grateful for that.
What an incredible time. I’m so excited to share our wedding with y’all, so be on the lookout for lots of wedding posts coming up!
Much, much more on the wedding front to come soon! If you’re married — how did you feel in the days afterwards?