I know this post is just a wee bit early, but what’s a couple days between friends, right? This week’s Friday Five is focused on the 4th of July holiday. Of course we know that not all our readers live in the U.S., so please feel free to write about any topic this week. By the way, we have our updated list of themes for the remainder of the summer and you can find them all here. Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please, please, please follow the rules! Note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a wonderful weekend!
- Say “America!” fifteen million times. Duh. It just happens. 🙂
- Wear some kind of flag. This year, I’ve got a sweet new Oiselle American Runner tank that I’ll be debuting on the 4th. Can’t wait!
- Watch Independence Day. I mean, is it the 4th without Will Smith in all his greatness? I think not.
- Fireworks! I’m really lucky in that we live very close the United States Capitol building, so I can actually see the fireworks from a very short walk from my home. Lucky me!
- Something from a grill. This is gonna be much easier this year since we now own a grill. So far, we’ve done the standard burgers and dogs, but I’ve also grilled pineapple, cabbage and caprese chicken. Not sure what I’ll be eating on the 4th but I know it will grilled and delicious!
DC area bloggers: save the date! On Saturday August 8th, the DC Trifecta will be hosting a fun blogger brunch. More details to come soon, but mark your calendar!!
What do you do on Fourth of July weekend? I wish my weekend included a body of water…maybe next year!