A year ago today something awesome happened. 32 years ago today, something even MORE awesome happened. It’s always incredible to me how time flies but this past year is one for the record books in terms of moving at the speed of light. A lot of things have happened in the past year. I thought I’d spend a few moments on my birthday thinking about a few of the most significant:
- I went from dating to engaged to married in 365 days. Wow. I’ve written enough about the wedding for now, but it is amazing to think what can change in just a year.
- I ran 2 marathons and 17 miles of another marathon. In related news, I learned that attempting to run a marathon while very sick is a bad idea. Oh, and I’m just a month out from my third marathon. Holy cow, how did I become this person who runs marathons?
- I began writing for Women’s Running magazine (you guys know I do this, right?). This opportunity has been so.much.fun.
- The blog grew in leaps and bounds and began taking up much more time. I’m self hosted now, I just redesigned the blog and I have probably doubled the amount of time I spend on the blog. I’ve started sharing more and more tips on blogging and I’ve found that people (sometimes) are interested in reading what I’ve written. For someone who still secretly (or not so secretly) wants to write the next great American novel, this little blog helps me fill that desire.
- Started my own business, began consulting. I now work from home, which is awesome and I am still doing what I love. Life is good.
It has been quite a ride and I am SO looking forward to what 32 brings. Thank you all for being a part of year 31 – it means the world to me! I spent last night hanging out with one of my favorite authors, am spending today working (slash being an adult) and spending time with friends this evening.
Any other October babies out there?? Any other Libras out there?