I figured it was about time for another update on my progress, especially since a significant item was recently crossed off my list.
So, here it is!
1. Jump out of a plane. Haven’t done this or planned it yet – my plan is to arrange this for when the weather gets warm. I’m on the lookout for groupons / living social deals / etc for this. Hit me up if you see one!
2. Run a half marathon (a second one – I ran one during my last year of law school). DONE and done. Happy to report that I completed this on March 17! Read more about this here.
3. Use my passport. Still haven’t done this yet. I’m thinking this summer?
4. Take part in meaningful volunteer work. DONE! Read about my pro bono experiences here.
5. Find a new karaoke go to song – “Baby Got Back” is classic, but it’s time to expand my range. I’ve been doing a lot of Carrie Underwood’s “Before He Cheats” lately. Not sure if it’s gonna be a go to but it’s in consideration.
6. Stick to a budget. Working on this one!
7. Try one new restaurant a month. I’ve been successful with this. Toki Underground, Liberty Tree and multiple restaurants in New Orleans have helped in this endeavor.
8. Make one new recipe a
month week. I’m back on track with this. Read about it here.
9. Take a surfing class. This is another activity that is waiting on warmer weather. Perhaps this can be added on to my possible trips to DR/Mexico.
10. Go skiing. Oops! I had a day set up to do this and then stayed out too late the night before and didn’t go. At least I have until October to do this!
11. Road trip like I mean it. None yet. Still deciding where to road trip!
12. Start my own urban garden. I have plans to work on my urban garden in the next couple of weeks. Yay!
13. Perfect my biscuit recipe. It’s a work in progress but I’m definitely pleased with how it’s gone so far.
14. Cook a five course meal. Ha. Not yet. Maybe I’ll host a dinner party? Or just make an amazing meal for a very special person? Not sure yet!
15. Stay up and watch the sun rise. Not yet — and man, I can’t imagine staying up all night! I’m getting old! Who’s idea was this anyway??! 🙂
Stay tuned for numbers 16-30 tomorrow!