My very good friend and fellow blogger, Emily Kate DC, recently tagged me in a Blog on Fire Post. What the heck is that you ask? Well, here’s how it works:
1. I post 11 random things about myself.
2. I answer the questions my tagger, Emily, set for me in her post.
3. I create 11 new questions for the people I tag.
4. I tell them they’ve been tagged and hope they participate too.
I decided that I’ll do parts 1 and 2. I’m too lazy to do part 3. Hope Em doesn’t mind!
1. I LOVE karaoke. I’m not a good singer, but I’m an excellent rapper. Seriously. Ask my good friend, T. She’s pretty good as well 🙂
2. I could eat pizza every single day. This is obviously a problem – mostly because I’d like to not be the size of a house. I’ve tricked myself into enjoying Lean Cuisine pizza. But I’ll eat almost any kind – even the really, nasty, greasy, Jumbo slice variety. I’ll feel bad about eating it, but catch me on a good night (read: any night that I may have been overserved) and I’ll eat it.
3. I can NOT watch scary movies unless I know I will be having a friend sleep at my house for the next week. I get too scared otherwise.
4. Caffeine doesn’t affect me. I can drink a can of soda and go straight to bed.
5. Related, I don’t like coffee. I think it tastes gross. Yuck.
6. I keep a vegetarian diet usually one day a week. It’s not really purposeful. It typically happens because my favorite flavor combination is mozzarella, tomatoes and basil and I’ll eat that all day. Especially in the summer. Yum, summer tomatoes.
7. I’ve never broken a bone and never had a cavity.
8. My favorite color is blue, but I think I look best in yellow.
9. Bartenders love me. I’m not being cocky. They really do. And it’s not just male bartenders – female bartenders as well.
10. I am deathly afraid of snakes.
11. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
Okay, here are the 11 questions that Em asked of me.
- What inspires you? Music. I love to just listen to melodies or lyrics and reflect. I find it so soothing. A good song can literally move me to tears. Of course, I cry at everything, so that’s not saying much… 🙂
- What is 1 word you would use to describe your blog/store? Charming? 🙂
- What’s your favorite movie? This is a hard question, but today I will say Love Actually. I can watch it a million times and never tire of it. Oh, and Wedding Crashers. So.freaking.funny.
- If you could pick one designer/store to outfit you for a month, who/what would it be? Um, I don’t know. I like to look nice, but I’m just not that into labels. Guess I’ll say J. Crew. Boring, I know, but I could get all my needs met there – work, play, etc.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? South Africa. Someday, my friends!
- What’s your “signature” color? Haha. Blue, I guess? But maybe yellow because I look so purty in it 🙂
- What is your favorite blog post you have written so far? Great question. I think my favorite post thus far was from mid-December. I titled it “Things Missing from THE List, pt.1” and wrote about why I declined to list certain things on THE List. It generated lots of discussion, both on my blog and in real life and I felt really strongly about what I wrote.
- How did you choose the name of your blog/store? This was easy. I’m turning 30 in 2012 and THE List is my project = Project 30 in 2012!
- Do you remember the last time you laughed so hard you cried? The last time I had a really, really good laugh was playing Taboo with my family over Christmas. My mother is so bad at games sometimes that it is adorable. I can’t remember exactly what she did wrong, but it definitely caused the whole family to cry from laughter. So fun. I love those moments – when my whole family gets together, it’s bound to be hilarious.
- What is the last great book you read? The Hunger Games! LOVED all three of them and can’t wait to see the first movie next month.
- Do you have a favorite quote? What is it? No regrets. I think that everything happens for a reason and that God has a plan for all of us. I try to live my life by this phrase and to take lessons from each experience.