Welcome to my monthly series where I share my blog stats and income with you. I was inspired to do this because I know of some bigger bloggers (like Pinch of Yum) who share their blog stats and income but I really didn’t see any smaller bloggers (like me! and maybe you!) who do so. I figured if I was looking for something like this, others might be as well, so I decided that I’d start sharing my monthly stats and income. Here’s my January blog stats and income report – I hope you find this helpful (you can find December’s report here)!
This post contains affiliate links.
Ad income: 34.41 (BlogHer) +12.71 (Adsense) = $47.12
Sponsored campaigns: $375
Total January income: $387.71
Total January page views: 22,836
January was in line with December in terms of income. I’m not sure how my ad income dropped, given the fact that my page views went up significantly (almost 6000 more page views than December, yet $20 less in BlogHer ad income). I’m in the process of switching to a new ad network and I’ll be sharing about how that is working after I have a few solid months of data.
As I mentioned above, January was a jump in page views, which is pretty typical. February will be lower, which is also typical – it’s all cyclical.
In January, my top three posts were:
- How I’ve Become a Faster Runner. I always love reading posts like this and clearly, I’m not the only one!
- Dear Gym Newbie. My letter to folks new to the gym really resonated with you all.
- Thoughts on Hansons Half Marathon Training After One Month. Again, another running related post. Clearly, that’s why a lot of folks come here and I love to share my thoughts on training and fitness.
This past month (just like in December), my top three referral sources were: 1) Pinterest; 2) direct and 3) Facebook. I continue to get really solid traffic from Facebook and it was good to see Pinterest jump back into the top spot. I’ve been working on upping my Pinterest game a bit – if you’re curious about my tips to increase how Pinterest can direct traffic to your blog make sure to sign up for my newsletter. You can sign up in my sidebar, through the popup on this page or just by clicking here. Creating a newsletter and building an email list were goals that I derived after working my way through the Elite Blog Academy course I took last year. Read on to see if this course might be right for you!
Are you wondering how you can grown your blog into a business and increase your stats? Are you wishing you could find someone to guide you through the process of creating a successful blog, someone who would just tell you, step by step, what you needed to do to grow your traffic and make more money? I’ve been there and I get it. I want to share the number one game changer for me and hope it might help you as well. Elite Blog Academy. Last year I decided to take a chance and enroll in the Elite Blog Academy course. To be honest, I wasn’t sure I would learn anything new, but I was willing to take the chance because I knew that something wasn’t working.
I just felt lost and realized I could use guidance if I really wanted to grow my blog. I decided to give Elite Blog Academy a try. In the time since I started Elite Blog Academy, not only did I grow in pageviews but also in income. I made around $700 through my blog in 2014, and in 2015? I made a little more than $4000. That was not by accident. It was by design and I crated that design solely from following the steps that Ruth taught in the Elite Blog Academy course. Since I began Elite Blog Academy, I have learned how to work smarter and changed the way I think about my blogging. It has single handly revolutionized how I view blogging.
So is EBA right for you too?
It really depends.
Elite Blog Academy is for people who are committed to following the process. As a member of EBA, I’ve noticed that the thing the most successful graduates have in common is a willingness to roll up their sleeves and get to work, and to put 100% of their effort into completing the assignments in order. If the commitment isn’t there, then this is not the right program for you. And it’s a serious commitment – the course is $499, which is not an amount I take lightly and I’m sure you don’t either.
It’s also not for people who are going to insist that they’ve already heard this all before, or who are going to argue that a task seems too basic or whine that it’s too hard. It’s not for bloggers who just want to just “skip to the good stuff” picking and choosing the lessons they pay attention to, then complaining when they’re not getting results. The EBA process is designed to create success, but it only works if you are willing to commit to actually doing the work.
- Eliminate blog confusion by creating an organized framework that sets the stage for everything you do.
- Create killer content that gets noticed and shared.
- Discover the secret to harnessing Pinterest, the most powerful free marketing tool in the world.
- Understand what is not working in your current monetization model and instead develop concrete goals and a solid plan for achieving them.
- Dramatically increase your site’s passive income by mastering the four key strategies of optimizing ad network revenue.
- Take advantage of the critical—but often ignored—connection between SEO and ad revenue.
- Overcome your fear of private advertising and instead learn to approach brands with confidence.
- Learn what it really takes to earn a six-figure income from your blog, then develop your own product along with a successful marketing plan to sell it.
- Create a solid working business plan to take your blogging business to the next level.
It is possible to create a successful business from a blog, and Elite Blog Academy shares exactly how it’s done, step-by-step.
Here is what the course includes:
- 12 Comprehensive Unit Videos
- 12 Detailed Unit Workbooks with Video Outlines
- 16 Powerful Handouts
- 30 Purposeful Assignments
- Additional Training Webinars
- Accountability & Community within a Private Forum
- An EBA mobile app to access the forum on the go
- A weekly newsletter for added encouragement & motivation
Elite Blog Academy is designed to be self-paced, but should not be completed in less than 12 weeks. Blogging is not for the faint of heart, and this course requires a willingness to buckle down and get to work. That said, for those who are willing to do the work, it also comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. Anyone who completes the course and has not seen measurable results in both traffic and income growth will get your money back, no questions asked. That’s a pretty incredible promise, but it means that you’ve literally got nothing to lose. Enrollment for Elite Blog Academy is extremely limited, and will only be open for five days, beginning today! If you are ready to finally take your blog to the next level, sign up now to secure your spot! (And if you enroll by tomorrow at 11:59pm, you will also get access to a free Early Bird Bonus–the Daily Productivity Guide for Bloggers, which looks pretty cool!)
Click HERE to enroll and be sure to join my Facebook Group where I’ll be talking through the course as I work through it again (so much value!). Oh and one more thing — now there is an option to join the course and pay via a payment plan where you pay 12 payments of $49. This is new and a great way to access the course while spreading the financial commitment throughout the year. Please let me know if you have questions about my experience!
Have you ever taken a blogging course? Were your stats way up in January?