Happy July and Happy Fourth of July! I can not believe this is the first Saturday in the month. Time is just flying by, y’all! Anyway, let’s take a look at my June goals and assess how I did and then examine my goals for July. I am also linking up with Coco, Deborah, and Lynda for the Ultimate Coffee Date (tea for me, please). This week, if we were having tea, I’d tell you how I did on my goals for June and all about the goals I’m setting for July. Let’s dig in!
Here were my goals for June:
- Continue working on budgeting. This has been successful and needed, with some unexpected car repairs (grrrr). It’s something we will obviously continue to work on but June was a good month in that regard.
- Connect with family intentionally. This has gone well. I’ve talked to my parents and my sister more and also connected more with close friends who are just like family!
- Run every day. This streak has been awesome. I’ve run at least a mile every single day in the month of June and I’ve kind of loved it. My running streak ends today and I’m undecided if I’ll run on Sunday and continue the streak. I’m really proud of myself for sticking with this even on days when I didn’t want to run.
I’m going to give myself an A for June. Of course there is room for improvement but I’m really proud of my progress! Now on to goals for July!
Goals for July:
- Get in all of my long runs. I am traveling quite a bit this month, so I want to ensure that I get all my long runs in. I’ll miss my group run two weekends in a row, which stinks and means I’ll have to get those miles in elsewhere. I really really don’t want to miss a long run so I’m working on finding someone willing to run miles on end with me. 🙂
- Keep up with Pure Barre at least twice a week. Again, with the travel, this is going to be a challenge. Luckily there are Pure Barre’s in the cities I’ll be visiting, so I’m hopeful I won’t experience any setbacks.
- Get plenty of rest. I’ve been feeling pretty worn out for a variety of reasons lately and I’m hoping to focus on rest during this already busy month that is packed with travel.
What are your goals for this month? Don’t forget to check out my assessment of how I’m doing on my goals for the year here.