Happy June! I can not believe this is the first Saturday in the month. Time is just flying by, y’all! Anyway, let’s take a look at my May goals and assess how I did and then examine my goals for June. I am also linking up with Coco, Deborah, and Lynda for the Ultimate Coffee Date (tea for me, please). This week, if we were having tea, I’d tell you how I did on my goals for May and all about the goals I’m setting for June. Let’s dig in!
These were my goals for the month of May:
- Increase my prayer time. I usually read a devotional each morning and spend some time reflecting. I’d like to continue that reflection for a bit extra time in the morning and bring out my journal in case I want to make notes. I want this to be a habit and not something I’m just doing out of routine.
- Work speed work back into my training. I did my first speed workout in months last week and it was hard. BUT, it’s necessary and I am going to start working speed work back in.
- Commit to doing my PT four times a week. I’m really going to get on this during May. I only have one major exercise to focus on and I’m focusing on doing it once in the morning and once in the evening.
I am going to give myself a B+ for May. I have increased my prayer time and that’s been wonderful. I’ve also been really good about doing my PT regularly. However, I actually backed off on speed work and mainly just did some fartleks here and there. I feel okay about that though because speed work in earnest starts in just under two weeks!
Goals for June:
- Continue working on budgeting. K and I are trying to substantially pay down our consumer debt and it’s been working but at this mid-point in the year, I want to make sure we are staying on track.
- Connect with family intentionally. My parents always give me grief about not calling / visiting enough and I know I need to do a better job about that. I’m really fortunate to have wonderful parents whom I have a fantastic relationship with so I need to not take that for granted.
- Run every day. I have committed to the Runner’s World Run Streak and so far, it’s going well. The streak goes through July 4th, so if I can make it through the rest of June, I’ll be in good shape!
Thanks again to the lovely Coco, Deborah and Lynda for hosting!