I am all about filling, healthful snacks. And the sweet potato is the best of em. I thought that since people seem to love loaded baked potatoes, I could make a “loaded” sweet potato and it’d be delicious. This recipe is super simple and begs for adaption with your favorite ingredients. Here’s what I did:
Kale (I probably used about 1 cup)
2 medium sweet potatoes
Salt and olive oil to taste
- Poke numerous holes in 2 medium sized sweet potatoes.
- Throw them in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes were in the oven, I sauteed a big batch of kale on the stovetop with olive oil and kosher salt.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, cut a slit down the center and stuff kale, mozzarella cheese, and a touch of olive oil in those bad boys.
- Put the sweet potatoes back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until everything is melted and delicious. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top.
Yum! I use the combination of kale, sweet potato and cinnamon in the lentil soup I make, so I knew I’d enjoy it. Try it — you might like it as well.
Changing gears, I wanted to remind you all that my FlipBelt giveaway is ending soon! You only have until 12am Thursday to enter! Check out this post if you haven’t yet entered — good luck to you all!
Do you eat sweet potatoes as snacks? Have you ever made a “loaded” sweet potato?