ed. note: I am off gettin’ married, celebratin’ and so I hope you enjoy all my awesome guest posts. Today you’re hearing from my friend Lindsay at Lindsay Weights In on how to get your mojo back and make it work. Thanks, Lindsay!
Hi lovely Eat, Pray, Run DC Readers! My name is Lindsay and I blog over at Lindsay Weighs In, where I talk about my journey to lose weight, gain happiness but never sacrifice my love of cupcakes along the way.
I had the pleasure of meeting Courtney as a ZOOMA ambassador while running working the ZOOMA Annapolis booth. In case you’re wondering, she’s sweet as pie in real life!
I’m recently coming back from an injury, and while not completely healed, I’ve been cleared to do much more than I’ve been able to do for the last three months.
I thought as soon as I was cleared to get back to exercise, I’d be absolutely itching to do it. In the beginning of my injury, I couldn’t wait to get back and now that I can workout again, I keep making excuses. I suppose the grass is always greener though, right?
Let me tell you too, I’ve spent the last few days in Utah attending the Blend Retreat (so fun by the way, I cannot recommend it enough!) and the altitude change really got to me. I was having trouble keeping up with everyone, but I know that I can’t blame that all on the altitude. Mostly, I’m out of shape and it was a real eye opener to getting back into working out!
So, what am I going to do to make it work?
1) Join a gym I actually look forward to going to. I had switched gyms almost a year ago to save money, yet never wanted to go. So, to me, it’s worth the extra money to go somewhere I feel comfortable.
2) Plan ahead. Look ahead at the schedules for the gym and pick classes ahead of time.
3) Reward myself for reaching goals.
4) Join in on contests at the gym to help motivate myself.
5) Know my limitations, and what I’m allowed to do and respect that. Mostly, be happy about what I can do and not dwell on what I can’t do.
Do you all have any tips for getting back into a workout groove? Have you ever fallen out of gym routine like me? Please tell me I’m not the only one!