I have a confession to make: I have been terrible about meal planning lately. Between the travel and being sick and multiple meetings that include dinner, i just haven’t been planning out my meals the way I used to. I’m about to begin a hectic month of travel. In April I’m out of town more days than not and while I’m here this week, I decided I should plan what I want to eat before my travel starts. So I’m back to meal planning this week.
Here’s what I’m planning to eat for the next seven days (with leftovers and a few nights I have dinner plans excluded):
- Roasted salmon with rosemary and thyme. Inspired by this pin.
- My favorite soup – lentil soup with sweet potatoes and kale.
- Sweet potato chicken quesadillas, inspired by Rachael Ray.
- Roasted herb and citrus chicken via The Comfort of Cooking.
I’m going to the grocery store tonight to get all the ingredients I’ll need. Here’s my shopping list in case you are interested:
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
- Sweet potatoes (5)
- Sweet onion (2)
- Two medium sized tomatoes
- Vegetable broth (low sodium)
- Fresh ginger
- Skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- Whole wheat flour tortillas
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Lemons (2)
- Oranges (2)
Everything else that I’ll need I already have. So there you have it – what I’ll be eating over the next few days.
Who else plans their meals for the week? What tips do you have so I can stay on track with meal planning?