I am one of those people that gets ridiculously excited about food. My coworkers make fun of me because I describe my lunch as “delicious” about 3x a week. So in honor of that, I thought I’d share my favorite delicious pasta recipe. The key to this is the sausage. It takes a great dish and turns it into…you guessed it, a delicious one!
This is an easy recipe to customize – add whatever veggies or sauces you prefer. Here’s the basic recipe I use:
1 box of whole wheat pasta
A healthy chunk of fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
2 links of your favorite chicken sausage. I use Aidell’s pineapple and bacon sausage. It is excellent!
1 pound broccoli
2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
Olive oil, kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to instructions.
- Heat up your sausage, per instructions.
- As the pasta cooks, slice, dice and cook your veggies (tomatoes and broccoli).
- Once everything is cooked, combine in a big pot, and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. That’s it!
- Enjoy your delicious pasta. Due to the cheese, this pasta is better the second day because when you microwave it, the cheese gets all yummy and melty. DELICIOUS 🙂
What’s your favorite easy pasta recipe?