As the end of December draws near, countless “best of” lists will continue to pop up. I enjoy reading folks’ opinions on what they most enjoyed during the passing calendar year. I enjoy it so much that I thought I’d come up with my own “best of” list. My list is going to be a bit different – I’ve decided to list my 11 favorite things in 2011. As you will see, some are entertainment related, some are personal and some are random. Enjoy!
My 11 Favorite Things in 2011
- Best new TV show: Revenge. I LOVE this show. It’s funny, soapy and the characters all wear very expensive, beautiful outfits! What more could you want for your Wednesday night?
- Best album: Adele’s 21. Need I say more?
- Best local business: Dangerously Delicious Pies. Not good for my wasteline, but very good for my spirit 🙂 I’m not a huge dessert fan, but I’m not ashamed to admit that I once went 2 days in a row for a slice of their roasted apple cinnamon pie. And seriously considered going back on that third day. It.really.is.that.good.
- Best social sports league: ZogSports DC. I have played four seasons with the Untouchables, my coed football team through ZogSports. Somehow this group of
misfitsworld class athletes has grown to be a pseudo-family and I love them.
- Best book to movie adaptation: The Help. Both the book and the movie provided lots of opportunities for thoughtful discussion and were simply great. The movie didn’t disappoint.
- Best random thing I did this year: Survive Alexandria. A few friends and I did this awesome “zombie” race and it was truly one of my favorite things that I did all year. If you are awesome, next year you need to do this. Seriously.
- Best 2nd Season: The Walking Dead *SPOILER ALERT: IF YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED THE SEASON 2 FINALE, DON’T READ ON*.It is the only “scary” show/movie I will let myself watch. Even when it’s not that scary, I still get freaked out and sometimes have nightmares. And let’s be real, seeing Sophia come out of that barn was well worth the somewhat more subdued episodes of Season 2.
- Best song: “Moves Like Jagger” because, if you are honest, you can’t really ever get sick of that song. It’s pretty awesome. And makes me dance every single time I hear it.
- Best vacation: Disney Word. Disney makes the list partially because I love Disney. But mostly because I visited this year for the first time since college and discovered that it still truly is the happiest place on Earth. Also, the most expensive. But still the happiest!
- Best book: Tina Fey, “Bossypants.” Oh, you haven’t read it? Oh, you don’t think women are funny?You are wrong. Seriously. Go read it. I was cackling LOUDLY on a very crowded plane and felt no shame. The woman is a genius. Loved her book.
- Best movie: Bridesmaids. Another situation in which I was laughing inappropriately loud and felt no shame. This movie makes me laugh so hard, I cry. I also may or may not have shed tears related to some of the underlying themes regarding female friendship in the movie. It is a winner and I am crossing my fingers for a sequel.
So there you have it – my “Best of” list for 2011. What 11 things would make your list?