I originally was not going to do a year in running post, but as I thought about it more, I decided I’d go for it. So I’m linking up with Miss Zippy and sharing a few thoughts on my year in running with you all. The Year of Running format involves six simple questions — check it out and link up!
- Best race experience? Without a doubt, running my first marathon. It was an absolutely amazing experience — if you haven’t read my recaps, I highly encourage you to do so!
- Best run? One of my favorite runs was a 12 mile run on the Crescent Trail (pictured above). The Crescent Trail was one of my favorite places to run this summer and this particular run felt strong and fast. It was one of those runs where you think that anything is possible.
- Best new piece of gear? For sure, my Garmin. I love that thing. Even though something weird happened with it during my marathon (and by something weird, I mean that I paused it and then forgot to restart it), I love it!
- Best piece of running advice you received? This wasn’t told directly to me, but during a race this year, I read a sign that said “there will be a day you can no longer do this. Today is NOT that day.” It’s stuck in my head all year and been a motivation when I’ve felt like I can’t possibly do [fill in the blank].
- Most inspirational runner? I’m most inspired by the everyday heroes I know, by my brother in law who just ran his first marathon, by the moms working full time who still train and qualify for Boston, by the folks who just grind it out on a regular basis. I’ve been blessed by this running community and I’m so grateful for it.
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Amazing. This year was full of new experiences, of taking my running further and faster than I ever dreamed, of 13 races, of getting engaged, of celebrating numerous dear friends nuptials and of such wonderful times with family and friends.
How was YOUR year??