Y’all. I don’t bake. It’s pretty much a rule. I just don’t do it. It’s too precise, I’m too anxious about it, it takes too long. I could go on. BUT. I had a craving for oreos but knew if I just bought them, I’d binge. So I decided I’d try my hand at an oreo crush cupcake recipe. I don’t bake but know that you can use cake mix to make cupcakes and figured I’d go from there. You need these in your life. Trust me.
- One package of oreos - I used a mix of regular and chocolate stuffed
- One box of chocolate cake mix (you will need a few eggs, water and vegetable oil to make the cake batter)
- One box of cream cheese - I used low fat
- One stick of butter
- 3 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350
- Put one oreo in each cupcake liner
- Prepare cake batter according to instructions on box
- Using a food processor, crush about 10 or so oreos and add crushed oreos to the cake mix
- Pour mix into cupcake liners and bake as instructed on the box
- While cupcakes are baking, combine cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar to make frosting
- Crush more oreos (another 10 or so) and add to frosting
- Once cupcakes finish cooking and cooling, frost
These are so delicious. I will probably be forced to make these again really really soon.
Do you bake? What’s your favorite thing to bake?