Day 13 of 31 Days of Project 30!
I know that absolutely everyone does gift guides, but I’ve never done one and it’s a fun idea, so I’m jumping in! There are still two full weekends before Christmas so you have plenty of time to buy for your list. Here are some ideas to get you started.
For that special lady in your life (your best friend, girlfriend/wife or work bestie)
- Touchscreen gloves. Who doesn’t have a touch screen nowadays? And who doesn’t HATE taking off their gloves to compose emails while commuting to work? Solve that problem with these super cute touchscreen gloves by echo.
- Fitness Gift Cards. Does your special lady love all the specialty studios that have opened up in DC lately, but work for a nonprofit? (ahem, ahem) Give the gift of fitness with gift cards to her favorite studio. My favorite (as loyal readers of this blog know) is Biker Barre and I would consider going to Virginia (gasp, I know) to try out Revolve.
- Jewelry. Can you ever go wrong with jewelry? Well, of course, but it’s hard. These Kate Spade earrings are classic and beautiful – perfect for any lady in your life.
- Books. Books are always the perfect gift for the woman who reads (and let’s be honest, every woman should read). I have a couple on my list that your special lady may enjoy. As I recently told my good friend Emily Kate, The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook is high on my list. Read this article and then tell me you don’t want to read the book. Yeah, thought so. I am also jonesing for the Gone Girl sequel that probably will never happen. To help me accept that, I am really excited to read author Gillian Flynn’s earlier novel Dark Places.
- Something decadent. Who can say there isn’t something deliciously overpriced and impractical that they’d love to receive under the tree Christmas morning? Not I, that’s for one. Now, I don’t have particularly expensive taste, so my decadent may be your middle of the road. First, may I suggest a new iPad. Everyone loves them and your favorite lady will, too. What about a purse that’s large enough to hold her new iPad and stylish enough to match her fierce personality? I absolutely love this Tory Burch Satchel. She will too!
Stay tuned for gifts for the men, kids and pets in your life!