I saw this list of questions over on Abby’s blog and thought it’d be fun to participate so here are a few of my running q&a answers! Note there are a couple affiliate links in this post – that just means that if you use my link to make an Amazon purchase, I will get a small referral fee that then goes back into the blog.
- Running location: trail / road / indoors? Road and trails. I’ve been getting more into running on trails and I’m loving it. My recent North Face Endurance Challenge Marathon Relay was on a trail and it was awesome. I’m looking to incorporate more trail running into my training this summer!
- Time of day to run: morning / afternoon / evening? Morning, in general. Sometimes I ran in the afternoons during particularly cold days during this past winter, but I generally like to get my workouts out of the way early!
- Weather: sunshine / mild / cold / hot? Sunny and 45-50 degrees is my sweet spot. Low wind (a light breeze) is the icing on the cake!
- Fuel: before / during / after? For runs shorter than six miles, I generally don’t use any fuel. For longer runs, I eat a variety of things – apple slices, honey stinger waffles, shot bloks on occasion. I’ll be messing around with this during my marathon training this summer. I really liked eating apple slices during runs last year so hopefully that will continue to work for me.
- Gear and accessories? Duh. My new Garmin Forerunner 220! If you haven’t read my review on my new Garmin, you can find that here. I really do love it. I don’t run with music anymore so no headphones or anything but I do usually like to have my phone for safety reasons. That’s about it!
- Reward: If at all possible, a nap. That’s the best reward in my opinion!
- Type of run? I always dread speed work, so anything but that! 🙂
This was fun – thanks for the inspiration Abby!
Tell me some of your running favorites?