Well here we are. My marathon is just a few days away and I’m going over my packing list and making all final arraignments. One thing I’m not doing this time around is using a playlist since I decided to run this marathon without music. As I wrote, I will have my phone with me and I always have a pair of headphones in my pack, so if it gets really terrible late in the race, I can pop in my headphones but I’m hoping not to have to do that! So let’s talk marathon preparation!
- I’m getting all my outfits washed and put together:
- I’ll be wearing (weather dependent) my Oiselle stride shorts (or my Lesley knickers if it’s chilly) with my Oiselle singlet, plus arm warmers.
- I’m wearing my Shamrock Compression sleeves and my favorite socks (I’ll have extra in case it rains).
- I’m also bringing a long sleeve throwaway shirt that I can lose at the start (or early on if it’s still pretty chilly at the start).
- I will have a hat as well in case of rain.
- I’m getting all the food I’m bringing together:
- I’ll be taking Nuun, HoneyStinger waffles, and shot bloks. Plus peanut butter because who doesn’t eat peanut butter the morning of a long run / race?
- And then there’s the gear:
- My shoes / camelbak and garmin
- All chargers
- Flip flops / pants to change into at the finish line (I realllllly want to have my new LF sweats in my checked bag but I’m kinda nervous about them getting lost – thoughts???)
Whew! That’s a lot to think about but I’m lucky that my first marathon was away from home, so I’m familiar with what to do and how to prep. I’m getting so excited for race day — if you’d like to join in the excitement you can sign up here to track me on Sunday (Courtney Dredden).
Woohooo! Race day, it’s a coming! Don’t forget to link up tomorrow for Friday Five. This week our topic is “off to the races” – link up your race-related blog post 🙂