I recently went to a farmer’s market and set out to buy ALL THE APPLES. I wanted to try my hand at homemade applesauce because applesauce is delicious and why would I buy it when I could make it, am I right? I love nothing more than fresh, in season food so this season’s apple bounty was inspiring. I decided to just kind of wing this recipe because I figured it couldn’t be that hard. And I was right. Slow cooker applesauce was easy and since I used my new amazing apple peeler (seriously…how am I just now getting one of these??), it involved very little hands on time.
- 10-15 medium sized apples, sliced, cored and peeled.
- 2 cups of water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- slice, core and peel your apples and throw them in the crock pot
- pour in water and lemon juice
- sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon and stir
- cook on low for 8-10 hours
- once applesauce is thoroughly cooked, use hand blender to blend to your perfect consistency
Have you ever made slow cooker applesauce? I’d love to hear about difference variations!
note: there is an affiliate link in this post.