Now is the season that I make everything I possibly can in my crock pot. And since that includes yummy snacks and dips, this week’s recipe is a throwback to one I posted almost a year ago. I made spinach dip in my crock pot and it was a big hit. This time, I decided to switch it up and make kale and artichoke dip using my crock pot. YUM! I had a bunch of kale I needed to use up quickly, so I made this as an alternative to just sauteing a pound of kale and eating it straight out of the pan (not that I’d ever do that or anything). I attempted to make it healthier by using greek yogurt instead of sour cream and low fat cream cheese, but if you don’t have those items on hand, use what you have. I don’t think it makes a difference in taste at all!
What you’ll need:
- A big ole bag of kale
- 2 cans of artichoke hearts
- 2 blocks of cream cheese — I use low fat but that’s a personal choice
- 1 heaping cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream!)
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Hint of kosher salt, to taste
- Veggies, chips, whatever you prefer to use to dip!
What you do:
- Spray your slow cooker w/cooking spray so items don’t stick
- Soften your cream cheese in the microwave or on your kitchen counter
- Throw items 1-9 into your crockpot for 3-4 hours on low and 2 hours on high
Are you a fan of dips? If so, what’s your favorite?
note: this post contains affiliate links