This week’s Friday Five linkup topic is favorites. I’m taking a broad interpretation of that and writing about the Oiselle team – which is actually not that broad because this team is full of tons of my favorites – favorite running clothes (really, only running clothes at this point), favorite people and favorite ambassador-type membership. I run for Oiselle for so many reasons that choosing just five of them was a challenge – however, I did it! I hope that everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the last of the Olympics! Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- The relationships. By far the number one reason I still run for Oiselle is the incredible relationships that I’ve developed through this team. I’ve made so many wonderful friendships with so many fun, engaging and smart women (not to mention FAST! women) that I honestly can’t imagine not being a part of this group. Some of the other things on this list may have drew me in but the relationships are what’s kept me on this team year after year.
- The inspiration. As I mentioned, there are some super fast women on this team – but while the SUPER FASTIES do inspire me, I’m often more drawn to the stories of women on the team who I feel are just “regular runners” – like me. I’m not ever going to win a race and may never qualify for Boston but I work hard and try to improve. I’m drawn to women who I feel like I can watch their progress and it feels attainable for me – like when I watch my friends Tara or Caitlin set new PRs or watch my friend Rose come back from injury. Those women inspire the HECK out of me.
- The excuses/validation to run all the awesome races. Race meet ups with the team is just another reason to sign up for fun races and I really don’t need much encouragement in that aspect to begin with!
- The camps! Through this team, I’ve been to two running camps (read about them here and here) and am going to another one in a month! I have discovered that I freaking love running camp and am kinda going to try to go to as many as I can for as long as I can because camp.is.awesome.
- The gear. Um, duh! I initially found Oiselle because I was in search of shorts that would work for me while running. I found that and so much more. I love the clothes so so much and I’m so happy that I have found a brand I can count on. They EVEN made a sports bra that I love – it is not a coincidence that essentially every piece of running gear I have is Oiselle.
Are you sad the Olympics are ending? Can you believe August is over halfway over??