One of my favorite things about summer is the yearly influx of fun, beachy reads that comes usually every July. This year is no exception. On my list to read this summer:
- Emily Giffin’s “Where We Belong.” Emily Giffin (a UVA Law alum, natch!) is one of my favorite “chick-lit” authors. Where We Belong has been hyped all summer and I’m very excited to read Emily’s newest book!
- Jennifer Weiner’s “The Next Best Thing.” I LOVE Jennifer Weiner. Seriously, if you are on twitter, you need to follow her. The Next Best Thing has also been getting great press and as soon as I finish reading “Swim”, the short story that inspired the novel, I’m going to load it on my Kindle.
- Jane Green’s “Another Piece of My Heart.” This actually came out a few months ago, but somehow I missed it’s release. Excited to add it to my list.
- Gillian Flynn’s “Gone Girl.” SUPER excited about this book. I’m actually about to download it now and get started!
- Officially updating to add Jenny Lawson’s “Let’s Pretend this Never Happened.” I’ve had a few friends say its the funniest thing they’ve ever read. It’s now on my list!
What are you all reading this summer?