I love quick dinners. Last week, I had about 30 minutes to get dinner made so my husband could eat while I was out for the evening. I decided to do a fish dish and since we had some salmon, I figured I’d do a sweet and spicy peach glazed salmon because I had all the ingredients and it sounded delicious. Turns out, I was right. It was so good that after I made it, I was tempted to eat it all and tell my husband to eat leftovers. Luckily for him, I didn’t and so I’ll share the recipe today.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peach jam
- juice of one lime
- pinch of kosher salt
- Mix cajun seasoning and brown sugar in a bowl and rub on salmon
- Cook salmon in a pan with olive oil over medium heat (almost five minutes on each side)
- While salmon is cooking, mix lime juice and peach job in a bowl
- Once salmon is almost cooked through, pour peach jam / lime juice mixture over salmon
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes then remove salmon from the pan
- Drizzle juice from pan over the salmon and serve immediately
- Add a sprinkle of kosher salt to taste
What’s a favorite weeknight recipe for you?